Friday, November 05, 2004
 
so, where have I been?
well, in a word work.

I'm working alot...

for next to nothing

...its kinda depressing...ok, alot depressing...

I work so much and can bearly pay bills...

I worked a full shift today...glad to finlally be home

only to go back in a few hours to do the overnight shift...

*sigh* I can't say no to more hours...I need them...but sometimes I think I'm working myself to the grave...the grave called Shoppers Drug Mart.

I finally have two days off in a row this weekend though...finally *thank you Lord*

Just in a grumble mood tonight, sorry...just sick of not being able to save money...sick of not being able to talk to LA...sick...of being sick...

but, even so there are some highlights of the past few days :)

went home to see my folks on Halloween, it was good to see peeps again, to sit and do nothing but watch movies with family was surprisingly nice...its been awhile since I just sat and watched tv...I miss it sometimes :P no tv here :D

So, the poppy's are out...I feel sometimes as though people my age have no idea why we wair the poppy...its even written on our $10 bill...



In Flanders Fields
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
If we where to forget...how horred the fate we make for our selves. Men and women died for the freedoms we take for granted now...people die even as I write this so that we can continue in our blindness of the world that is out there...wanting only our head.
They take the hit, they sweat the sweat...carry the burden so we may live the way we want...
Let us never forget.
Wair your popy in rememberance, not as a fashon statment...or...I may hit you or something :P
in other news, I was reading in the paper today...seems there are many people looking into becomming Canadians ever since Bush got re-elected (I would have voted for Kerry...sorry HA friends...I'm Canadian and Bush is hurting our Country alot) I thought this was amusing, thats all lol..peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

Search the Bible with BibleGateway.com
  
  
  
BibleGateway.com is a service of Gospelcom.net
Include this form on your page


Powered by Blogger