Wednesday, April 21, 2004
 
They call it "Grand" for a reason!
Wow isn't really the word that slipped past my lips as we turned the corner and saw the first glimps of what I was about to hike. It was more of a gasp mixed with a "O my gosh I'm going to die..." kinda feeling. Here I am standing at the top of the canyon and we're hiking pretty well straight down for 3 quarters of a mile...more like maybe a full mile, then you see the next mile or so of the hike off in the distance...and the rest of the 10.2 mile hike is unseen. let me tell you something though...its beauty can't be shown on a postcard or TV screen....I mean yeah...rocks and cliffs...until you get too the waterfalls and ...just wow.

And I could go on for hours...but like I said, its something you have to experance for yourself to really understand.

So, getting off that topic for a moment (maybe longer...we'll see) This is the day my friends...the day after I get back from the 30 hour school bus trip from the depths of the hot place lol and this is the day before I head off back to that awful DFW Airport and head home "I'm leaving, on a jet plane..." lol, anywho...I'm really excited...have a bunch to do before I leave tomorrow...as well I still need to hook up with a ride to Dalles ...hmm, blah. I've been so stinken busy these past few weeks Im surprised I still know where my own feet are somtimes *checks* yup, still where I left them...

I need a break people!! lol, tomorrow calls my name....calls me closer and closer and all I want to do is sleep away today and let tomorrow come closer quicker lol...but there is a purpose to everyday and I must live as though today is my last, as everyday we are too live. Um, yup...my brain is still kinda intact! Yey! lol.

So I find out tomorrow...um, perhaps? I eally need to talk to Brett because if I leave for DFW before I find out the road resaults I will flip out! lol, I just wanna know what to fund raise and pray for and whatnot soon...I continue to pray for my Core....for some reason I have been given a great sence of ....um, lost the word but I just know the resault...I will stay. Odd huh? Well, God can do anything he wants so now its up to Him.

yeah, o and btw Denver, I love you bro!! Your words truly spoke to my heart (as usual :P) as well did you speek to my friend Chuck and a fw others I think :) keep letting God speek!

So, lets slow this down and focus on something a bit...hiking that total 20.4 miles in a small group of friends made me think alot of our walk in faith...especially when it comes with who your walking with and just let me go off...during the hike I led our little group in our walk though the grand canyon, the one who set the pace as it where...this had me thinking alot about who sets the pace in our own lives...who do we let set the pace that we follow at....are they going to fast, can we keep up? Often times during the hike I was trying so hard to keep a good pace for our group I forgot that there where others who really couldn't go that fast and there was times I found myself leaving the group and pulling ahead without even noticing. Who do we follow? Cause if we are letting someone lead us in our faith they are eather not going to go fast enough or go WAY too fast...is Jesus the one we let be the example? The one we follow? The one we let set the pace? I had alot of thoughts of this as I walked...I also had alot of thoughts as we reached near the end of the hike...where do we hold our strength? I know for myself I wanted to cry when I saw that incline up the wall of the canyon after that 10 miles of hiking...I knew I couldn't do it, I was sore and tired and just wanted to stop and give up...but I was their leader per say..I was the one setting the pace...so what do I do? I pray. Then as we're making our way up, my body gave up long ago but I'm still going...thats the oddest feeling in the world when you know your not working on your own strength because that gave up a few miles ago...its God pushing you all the way...wow. Anyway I was pushing it up and my team is having hard times...Dusty and Joey took on the packs of the ladies and I took on Leah-Anne holding on to my pack and pulling her up...again, the Lord making sure I'm relying on nothing but Him. And Mel, she pushed so hard and the team pulled together in such an amazing way to help her up....then when we hit the top....o the joy that filles the broken torn flesh when the Lord leads you...o the joy when you know you have finished and it wasn't you at all....o the joy of seeing your team has made it...pushed it all the way and your back up there looking out over the canyon below and taking it in with a new eye....seeig it all over again for the first time just wanting to cry in the sight of God's glory and beauty.

I just wanna sit here and go on and on about so many things...o how I wish I could...and I feel so ashamed almost for dwelling on so many little things in my life and forgetting the big picture...thank you Lord for the reminder of the bigger picture.

Anywho I gost things ta do...see some of ya soon I do hope :)
Comments: Post a Comment

Search the Bible with BibleGateway.com
  
  
  
BibleGateway.com is a service of Gospelcom.net
Include this form on your page


Powered by Blogger