Wednesday, March 24, 2004
 
The second year scramlble...
well, I finaly got my Gideon's road application all filled out and in on time. Now I sit back and wait too see if I'm accepted into the road...

Tyshya really sparked a thought into my head and its one I was also talking to Sara last night about, its the topic of religion. Most people that know me well know that I hate religion. Things like the Catholic church and other such organizations that take all that is Christianity and turn it upsidedown and make it just a collection of rules and traditions. This is what turns so many away from Christianity, when they look at the church this is what they see and its something I even stand as far away as I can from, but then there is the other end f the spectrum where you do what you want cause "eveything is covered under the blood" and though indeed this is true, to do wrong knowing quite well that its against the teachings of Jesus is dumb, I would rather live a life of purity and honor then live a life of lazyness and sin, just to have to repent later about everything I did that day...not to mention the fact that the world watches how we act..blahblah, you have hurd it all before I'm sure...

The point is to live in legalism is un-biblical, and yet religion is the highest point of legalisim...living by the letter of the law so strictly and yet forgeting the spirit of the law. Religion...this is the exact thing the Pharisees lives back in the days when Jesus walked the earth as a man. The Pharisees lived by the book in everything they did, and where very proud that they lived such "perfect" lives. They knew the books of Moses and knew his law and lived by it in every way...except when Jesus came on the sceen he rebuked them every chance he had....

why is this?

This about this for a second, because I think the chuch today has become alot like the Pharisees way back when, they walked around rebuked people for not following the law, totaly forgetting the spirit behind it...they where very proud when it came to how they lived and yet Jesus knocked them off their piller at every turn because they preached rules, but Jesus preached love. They preached condeming and Jesus preached the forgivness of the true God. Jesus taught Christianity, the Pharisees taught religion....something to think about. Jesus taught relationship, which is what Christianity is really all about, a relationship with the one true God.

...well, I should converse with the people whom have sat at the table with me now so peace out..
Comments: Post a Comment

Search the Bible with BibleGateway.com
  
  
  
BibleGateway.com is a service of Gospelcom.net
Include this form on your page


Powered by Blogger