Monday, February 09, 2004
 
writing ramblings
I’m just in the mood to write. Though I can’t really say its in a story kind of mood, I just feel like writing. And in the mindless rantings of a thought filled mind full of nothing but meaningless quotes and mindless chatter. I find that spot that remains clean and quiet. I go to that spot at peace with my thoughts and my feelings and I just sit. Never knowing what will come through the fingers that I type with but just letting them go. No fear of anything for who is really going to read this? And yet in the back of my mind there is still that noise. Beyond this place of peace that I love to be in is the world that cries out to me, the world that tries so hard to shatter this peaceful little place I like to crawl away too. The world starts to pound on the door to my little room and my eyes shoot open and I remember that indeed I’m still here amongst such chaos that sometimes I wonder how anyone finds peace. I try to find a new place for peace and rejoice when I find yet another corner. And I sit in my peace, until the world comes to tare me down again. I look up as I hear the noise come closer to the door of my secret place and I draw closer to the shadows, hoping it will pass me by. Wishing the world would just miss me, if only for another minuet or two. Then as I sit in my quiet space, the rumblings of the world just stop and for just that moment everything stops

“true peace is in me”

you hear the voice but you try to shut it out, for the voice disturbs the quiet. But the peace of the quiet you once knew turns bitter as you ignore the voice trying to speak to you. Then the noise comes back and crashes though the door of your quiet place once again and you run. You run again, looking for another secret place, somewhere to just be alone.

You stand there, your sword resting on the ground as you are tired from the battle, trying so hard to find a place to rest from the battle. The world has you trapped and you look all around trying to find a way to escape. The battle is lost and you drop the sword to the ground. Tears run down your blood stained face as you release you can’t do it alone. You scream in anguish as you remember the days in your quiet place alone. The world never left you alone and in this moment you just want to give up and let them take you, what is the point in fighting?

“true peace is in me”

you hear the voice, so silent you almost miss it but so strong it shakes your body and you look up to the sky to see your Father’s outstretched hand. You look all around you and pick your sword back up, your shield on your other arm and you take your Father’s hand and suddenly the world is struck down. After the battle is won He leads you to a secret place and you invite Him in and you sit together and talk. The peacefulness of the quietness so amazing you never want it to end. But the world was angered by its loss and has come looking for you once again and you look to your Father with pleading eyes not to let this time end. He smiles and kisses your forehead and hands you your sword.

“true peace is in me”

he tells you this again and you ready yourself for battle. You look too your Father and He smiles before pushing open the door. You smile at the sight of your Father’s fury against the world and you are suddenly at peace as you release that He will always have victory. In those times in your secret place you can be at peace…but also in amongst the heaviest of battles you are at peace because you have won…for He has won for you.

Comments: Post a Comment

Search the Bible with BibleGateway.com
  
  
  
BibleGateway.com is a service of Gospelcom.net
Include this form on your page


Powered by Blogger